Search Unity

Games How to create a mobile game with UNITY? [DEV. 1.1]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Hecolo, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Hecolo

Hecolo

[DEV. 0.0]

Hey guys! :)

I'm saying, instead of using Trello on my side to show the progress of my phone game, maybe I'm saying it might be cool to share with you.

I do not have a name yet for this project, I see it a little later, it's a 3D Project with a 2D style.

What will be the game?
    Well The principle will be to merge 2 identical characters in order to evolve the characters towards the final evolution.

Well then, where am I?

• I set up the Drag and Drop Script with a camera at a 45 ° angle, in orthographic mode and I raised the camera.
    • I created the main Game Preface, with a Collider and the Drag and Drop Script inside (otherwise I could not move my Prefab)
    • I do not allow the prefab to move in Y. Only in X and Z.
    • I had to create a DrawRay in order to make my Préfab follow this DrawRay so that the Préfab can move in Z correctly
    • My Prefab is 45 degrees off the ground so it's facing my camera.
    • I have angles of 45 ° because I wanted to use the depth Z to put one image behind the other according to its Z position and having a 2D effect
    • When I drag my character to the left or right, I flip the Scale X (-1 or 1) according to the point 0 of my Préfab when clicked on it.
    • I created a small IDLE animation for this Prefab
    • A Random_Mouvement script was created to move the Prefab in the X and Z direction with random values
    • I created a horizontal Flip of my Préfab with function of the movement direction of my Préfab
    • I created Coroutines, so when I click on my Préfab, the Coroutine stops and the script Random_Mouvement is no longer active. All this reactivates when I drop the Préfab
    That s it for the first step! :p

This Screenshot represents the main character of the game with which we will start playing.

[DEV. 0.0]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. Hecolo

Hecolo

[DEV. 0.1]

Schreenshot showing first evolution of the character
    Here are the next updates:
    • Character Prefab​
    • Library Serializable Script to have informations about each evolution(Id, name, Sprite for now)​

Screenshot showing the Library Script
    • Instances Script to get all Prefabs I need in the game
    • Ligne Code to check if two ID are the same I can merge them.
    • When 2 characters are merged I add a new Character Prefab at the position where I merged the characters with an ID +1.
    • I made the function to call a new Sprite from his ID.
    This function looks like it:

public void ChangeSkin()
    {
    transform.GetChild(0).GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().sprite = Script_Character_Library.Mine.Library[ID].Skin;
    }

[DEV. 0.1]

3. Hecolo

Hecolo

[DEV. 0.2]

Screenshot showing évolutions and boxes which hide the first character of the game
    I got some News for you:

• i got an issues with my sprites. They were blue when I switch my project for IOS/IPhone. It's becase my sprite was at 8K instead of 4K max!
    • Character's motion. The character is moving further in Translate.Z

Screenshot showing Script_List for the first Evolution Family
    • Script_List created. To stock all evolution with their ID.
    • Function to add ADD to the list
    • Function to Remove ID from the list
    • Prefab Boxe made
    • Function MouseDown() Inside Prefab Boxe to open it and Add new Prefab Character at the position of the Prefab Boxe. + Destroy the Boxe Prefab.
    • Script Random Boxe Position made. The Boxe Prefab is coming with a Coroutine each x time in a specific area.

The script of this random position in a specific area looks like it:

x = Random.Range(-2.7f, 2.7f);
    y = 0;
    z = Random.Range(8f, -6f);
    newPosition = new Vector3(x, y, z);

[DEV. 0.2]

4. Hecolo

Hecolo

Development version 0.3

It's the weekend !!!

So the news of the morning

Screenshot showing the limitation of ground.
    • Creation of the GameObject LIMITATION TERRAIN with 4 colliders inside
    • Using Math.Lerp which allows me to bring back the characters that one drag / drop in the zone of limitation towards the center of the ground.
    • Sprite Shadow under my Préfab Boxing.
    • Limit the number of Boxing Prefabs in the field based on the number of characters in the Character LIST script.
    • Can not open Box Prefab when the limit of 16 items in the Character Script List is reached.

Screenshot showing the Character List on the right with an ID 999 integration for the BOXE prefab. Thus the script allows the limitation of the number of BOXES that can appear in the field.

Have a good day!!

Development version 0.3

RavenOfCode likes this.
  5. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

This looks really cool, well made dev logs are always fun to read. One thing I found when making a dev log a while back is that it helps to show off even small updates via gifs as well as words/screenshots.

Anyways great work so far, looking forward to seeing more!

6. Hecolo

Hecolo

Development version 0.4

Hi on this Saturday night! I make a small update and I run to a Party :)

Thanks RevenOfCode, it's so cool to have some motivation :) Like you advised me, I put a link to a video of the version.0.4 toward Instagram. Thanks man :)

Here are the news:

Screenshot showing the scenery and the characters!

• Creation of a Prefab Canvas Dollar (to show the player that his character has just made him win dollars)
    • Creating an animation for the Canvas Dollar Prefab when it appears in the game
    • I added the float Production variable in my Script_Character_Library (it consists of knowing how much Dollar the player wins every X seconds)
    • Creating the script In order to display my Canvas Dollar.
    • Instantiate of the Canvas Dollar.
    • Setting up the dollar production Coroutine for each character with for waitforseconds (LIDsPerson's ProductionTime)
    • Setting up bushes all around the characters moving area
    • Setting up grass to make grass-like stuff on the ground

Does it tell you a little video this time? I put you the link of my Instagram that I just created history to be able to diffuse videos more easily of the

Video development of version 0.4 here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BedzO5MBHY- ... hecopagnie

n ' feel free to follow the Insta page if it tells you to see other videos.

Development version 0.4

RavenOfCode likes this.
  7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Why not use Trello and show off the game and the project. I don't use Trello but I know you can allow public to view the boards you use to develop the game. IMO - project management tools - even as a solo developer are a great way to help stay organized, stay on task, and get S*** done!

That still seems excessive at 4k to be honest. What is the resolution of the highest resolution mobile device? And what is the dimensions a sprite in your game will occupy 2-3 inches? So if the screen resolution of the highest resolution mobile device is (maybe 4k) and the sprites will only ever be 3 inches on screen (without scaling full frame?) 4k seems overly excessive. Might consider dropping resolution when optimization is required/requested.
    This technique isn't scientific or 'the norm' just seems common sense to me.

8. Hecolo

Hecolo

Hi theANMATOR2b, thanks for your replay, it's somme cool feedbacks.

i'am using Trello, it's just I don't feel it's interesting for people to follow this tool. Because it's my own workspace, but if you feel like you want to see my way to work you can take a look : https://trello.com/b/TIbqUvdo/boardyevolution

And yes even 4K it's really really tooo heavy! just for now I leave my characters at this resolution, I'am doing my optimisation at the end. But I'am happy I did this because I could see this type of mistakes I didn't know before, and if that can help some futurs games developers who has the same issue, I'am happy for that :)

;)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  9. Hecolo

Hecolo

Development version 0.5

Hello Hello you had a good weekend?

Screenshot showing the number of total that the player has and the number of Dollars per second earned.

Here are the little news of the project:

• Creating the Script_Dollar
    • Adding the variable Total_Dollar
    • Add Dollar_Per_Second variable
    • Create the coroutine to add the variable Dollar_Per_Seconds to the variable Total_Dollar every second.
    • Addition of the function Dollar by second added according to the number of characters in game. (If I have 5 characters with 1.5 $ / s then the variable Dollar_Per_Second = 1.5 * 5.)
    • Added the Remove Dollar Per Second feature when a character is no longer in the game.
    • Addition Préfab Dollar_Text;
    • Creation of an animation in the Préfab Dollar_Text;
    • Creation of CANVAS / UI with Dollar Score and Dollar per seconds!

Yeah
    And of course a little link to the video:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BegkWkAFITj ... hecopagnie
    Development version 0.5

RavenOfCode likes this.
  10. Hecolo

Hecolo

[DEVELOPMENT 0.6]

Good morning everyone :)

Screenshot showing The first 3 scenes of the game and the additive scenes.Yeah! it's moving forward, it's moving forward. ​

Here are the morning news:
    • Creation of Script_DontDestroy with variable DontDestroy (transform.gameObject);
    • Creating the Scene_Manager script
    • Scenes Creations (currently 3 scenes)
    • Creating Script_Scene_Loading
    • I fixed some problems with scripts that did not work because I transferred scripts to the Loading scene. At first they were all in the same scene (so it was easy ) so I had to fix all that
    • Creation of the first BONUS: When we click a lot of times on the character that we report + sub.
    • Adding $$$ directly to Cash TOTAL.
    • A cool thing is that when you click a lot of times on the rabbit, the rabbit will then move super fast in all directions for a few seconds.
    And a little video instagram
    ( you can leave the account if you want to follow a little news to come here to see what's new )

https://www.instagram.com/p/BekDZayhK__ ... hecopagnie

Have a nice day!

[DEVELOPMENT 0.6]

11. Hecolo

Hecolo

[DEVELOPMENT 0.7]

Hiiiii!

I'll be back with some new features:

Screenshot showing the New Evolution Discovery interface
    • I had a duplicate appearance of Prefab Boxing at each appearance of this prefab 2 Boxing Prefabs were created. Fixed!
    • Creating a PLAY Function to Activate a Corutine for Boxing Prefects
    • I had a Préfab boxing that appeared in my LOADING scene when it was supposed to appear in my GAME scene. So I had to activate my Scene_Game as Scene Active.
    • Set up in Scene UI, panel New_Evolution_Discover
    • In Illustrator I created a spiral star
    • Creation of the New Evolution Counter script
    • Creation of a LIST variable to list all the evolutions discovered
    • Setting up a function to activate the UI NEW EVOLUTION panel
    • Creating a MASK Component to prevent anything from happening and lousy
    • Adjust the Canvas Scale to the height of my resolution

Screenshot showing the settings of the Canvas Scaler

And the link to Instagram to see what it gives in VIDEO
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BeryUpVBvdG ... hecopagnie
    OR Facebook

[DEVELOPMENT 0.7]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  12. Hecolo

Hecolo

[DEVELOPMENT 0.8]

I'm back, sorry for my absence, no no I'm not giving up a project I'm starting I was missing because I had to finalize a phone game that a game publisher chose to test it, so in a few days the tests of the game will begin and we will see what it will give! And then it allowed me to have a little back on this new game.

But I do not come back alone!
    Here is an Instagram overview video of the update 0.8 ===>INSTAGRAM CLICK HERE<===
    By the way if you want,I created a Discord channel to keep in touch: DISCORD

Here is the list of the update:
    • Changing the colors of the typos
    • Add 2 animations, animation input and idle on the Carton
    • Adding a Scroll Bar to move the camera to Right
    • Creation of the Chicky Character List
    • Creating the Random Position Script of the character Chicky
    • Change of color when you go on the Rabbity map to the map Chicky on the bottom of the screen discoveries + total dollar text + scroll bar
    • Creating a Chicky Character Area Limit
    • I removed the bushes for the moment
    • I wonder if it would be nice to change the color of the soil according to the themes of characters?

Thanks guys, see you soon for more

[DEVELOPMENT 0.8]

13. Hecolo

Hecolo

[DEVELOPMENT 0.9]

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen!
    I just worked on the ScrollBar, now it's functional.
    Here is an Instagram overview of the update 0.9
    ===> INSTAGRAMCLICK HERE<===

Some news of the morning in detail:

• Creating a 2D ground map
    • Color change of the map according to the character family
    • The ScrollBar works in relation to the number of family discovered. So she fits the size.
    • The Translate X movement of the camera also adapts to the number of families discovered.
    • Appearance of the Scroll Bar only if the player has discovered at least a second character family.

See you tomorrow for a new update!
    Good day
    [DEVELOPMENT 0.9]

14. Hecolo

Hecolo

RavenOfCode likes this.