Search Unity

How to create a jump pad

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by xkingjohnx, Oct 19, 2020.

1. xkingjohnx

xkingjohnx

hi there,

I hope someone could help me a bit..

am trying to make a jump pad (if the player enters a collider he should get a vertical speed boost) My player is instantiated at runtime without a rigidbody and I am trying to do it like this:

public bool BouncePad; [Tooltip("BouncePad?")]
    public float AmountOfForce = 20;

if (BouncePad)
    {
    other.transform.TransformDirection(Vector3.up * AmountOfForce);
    }

The Script is added to a box with a box collider /is trigger active (Bounce Pad is also active) but nothing happens .. no error in the console..

I would very much appreciate if anyone has an idea how this could be achieved

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Some things:
    • This sub-forum is for high-level design ideas, not scripting help. You should go past this over on the Scripting sub-forum so the right people see it.
    • You should use Code tags when posting code.
    • What you included isn't a script, it's just some code. In your new post, include your entire script, since it's significant whether you're calling OnCollisionEnter, OnTriggerEnter, etc.
    • You said you're using a rigidbody, but in this code you're not adding force to any rigidbodies. You should be using Rigidbody.AddForce if you're using non-kinematic rigidbodies in your game.

Antypodish likes this.
  3. xkingjohnx

xkingjohnx

hey thanks for your answer.. sry didnt know where to post it.. actually I said the player is without a rigidbody..
    any idea how to achieve that?

As recommended, I have posted it in the scripting subforum here with the code snippet