Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to create a blend tree with start walking animations?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by DigitalAdam, Jun 22, 2020.

1. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Hi, so I'm using the Movement Animset Pro for my walking animations, but I'm trying to figure out how to use those animations for a controller joystick. Right now I'm using the 2D Freeform Directional with two floats; 'Horizontal' for strafing and 'Vertical for walking Forward and Backward, as well as walking animations for diagonal movement. That works fine, but I'm trying to figure out how to use "Start Walking" and "Stop Walking" animations to make the movement more fluid, and not just go from an "idle" animation to a "walking" animation. So more like 'Idle' to 'Start Walking Forward' to 'Walking Forward' to 'Stop Walking Forward' to 'Idle'.

Since I'm getting 'Horizontal' and 'Vertical' float with my controller every frame, I was thinking about creating another blend tree with just the "start" animations (StartStrafeLeft, StartWalkingForward, etc.), and then blend that to the "Movement Blend Tree" like in the first paragraph after the start walking animation is done playing.

The Animset Pro graph that comes with the animations are a bit too complicated to reverse engineer with my limited knowledge of blend trees. I also have to take into account that when the "walking" animation ends and "Stop Walking Animation" plays, whichever foot is forward during walking needs to play the left or right foot forward stop walking animation.

Is there a better way of doing this? Or does anyone know of any tutorials that could help?

Thanks!

2. unity_LvdTGwgj0IIAqA

unity_LvdTGwgj0IIAqA

I m currently facing the same issue did you find a good solution for this problem?