Search Unity

Question How to correctly interpolate frames with spawn over distance when emitting from lines.

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by SticklandPWorm, Nov 16, 2022.

1. SticklandPWorm

SticklandPWorm

Hi. I have a sword and use a Line to set the start and end points of the blade. I wish to spawn particles over the length of the blade as it moves which then hang in the air. If I plug my Change Space operator into both Spawn over Distance, and Set Position in the shown graph I will spawn particles along the blade which hang in the air as desired, but are staggered due to only appearing on each frame.

VFX Trail 01.JPG

If I try to lerp between the old position and current position using Get Attribute the particles positions are smoothed out, but only appear to emit from the centre of the line as opposed to all the way along it. I followed this thread for assistance but it doesn't work when spawning along a line https://forum.unity.com/threads/how...ystem-spawning-behavior.1166027/#post-7476496

VFX Trail 02.JPG

Can someone please explain to me why this is the case? I'm clearly not understanding something and I'm not sure what. What would be the correct way to do this? I have included an image from 3ds max as to have the particles should look.

VFX Trail 03.JPG

VFX Trail 04.JPG

Thank you