Search Unity

How to correctly choreograph a long shot?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by JadeEmpire, Jan 7, 2019.

1. JadeEmpire

JadeEmpire

Hi,

I am currently doing a manually choreographed long shot(along a dolly track) with changing composer look at targets throughout the shot. the look at target will change quite drastically,, sometimes 180 degrees opposite to the current one.

My problem is, no matter how long I lengthen the blending time between two vcams with different look at targets(180 degrees opposite to each other), the rotation happened super fast.

I then tried another approach, by using only one dolly track vcam, and looking at an empty GO, then manually animate the look at targets for that one vcam. It worked but was ugly because I have to remember the keyframes on the look at targets and the vcam seperately.

Is there an easier way? I mean ideally I can let cinemachine do the rotation for me and just drag in the real look at targets. but in my case the blending time wasn't doing much?

Lastly, I have a few other questions:
    1. when a blend happens between 2 shot clips A & B, is the A's blend OUT controlling the blend speed, or B's blend IN controlling the blend? Or do both matter?
    2.I'd like to create an autotrack dolly track to automatically cut to the next shot after it has reached the end of its dolly. is there any way of doing this out of the box? only closest thing I can think of is cinemachine trigger?

I know thats a lot of the question but thanks so much in advance!!!!!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies