Search Unity

Resolved How to Convert Mars Plane Visualizer Data into Collider Planes?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by Corfu, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Corfu

Corfu

Hello,

Please if anyone has any help in what components to add to convert Mars Plane Visualizer data into collider planes so I can bounce objects off of the scanned ground/tables/chairs etc.

Thank you in advance for any help!

2. leweyg_unity

leweyg_unity

Unity Technologies

You should be able to add a MeshCollider to your plane prefab, and the Plane Visualizer will pick that up and ensure it is updated.

Corfu likes this.
  3. Corfu

Corfu

Thank you for your help! Yes that seems to work (but using a box collider with a prefab Horizontal plane) one plane at a time, I was wondering if there is a way to make every small surface the Plane Visualizer detects immediately a collision surface? Thank you again!

4. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

If you want to make a collider for every detected plane, you can use a Proxy Replicator and on the child Proxy Object add the plane condition, the Build Surface action (you need to remove Set Pose first) and add a Mesh Collider. This will instantiate a proxy with a collider for each detected surface.

It's super fun to be able to do physics on real world surfaces ;)

Corfu likes this.
  5. leweyg_unity

leweyg_unity

Unity Technologies

Also please use the MeshCollider not BoxCollider (very different, as the AR planes are meshes not boxes).

Corfu likes this.
  6. Corfu

Corfu

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate the time and consideration you put in to address these noob questions!

7. Corfu

Corfu

Thank you for your insights and help! Really appreciated!