Search Unity

How to control the quantity of Lightmap textures

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Udit_N, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Udit_N

Udit_N

Hi,
    Is there any way to manage the number of lightmap textures, which are generated in a scene. I created a plane and 4 cubes in unity and lightmapped it and 5 lightmap textures were generated but when I build the same scene in maya and combined the 5 gameobjects to one mesh and baked it in unity only one lightmap texture was generated. I want only one lightmap to be generated even if the meshes aren't combined, no matter how many game objects exist in the scene, is there any lightmap setting which I might be missing? Is there any way to this out? Please help.

2. greenmonster

greenmonster

Probably the easiest thing to do is raise the size of your atlas so that more will fit into each lightmap (it's an option on the Lighting tab). You can also fine-tune whether specific renderers end up taking more or less space in your lightmaps than otherwise dictated by your baking resolution (via Lighting tab -> Objects -> select renderer in question).

Hope that helps!

3. Udit_N

Udit_N

Hey greenmonster, increasing the atlas size didn't work as the lightmap use to take more size on the disk, But as you said in the objects tab there's a option called "Scale on lightmap", manipulating that value worked very well. Thanx :) :)