Search Unity

Question how to configure an application to run on Quest2 (hands-on) and GO (hands-off)

Discussion in 'VR' started by emer2terra, Jan 26, 2023.

1. emer2terra

emer2terra

When I define the QUEST2 option in OVRManager, the application works in Quest but does not open in GO.

When I deselect QUEST2, the application does not work with the hands in Quest2 (application opens, only the hands do not work), and in GO it opens normally.

quest2.PNG

How can I resolve this?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

You could read out the headset used in code and then apply the settings you need per headset?
    The go isn't supported anymore, so it can have issues settings up

3. emer2terra

emer2terra

The problem is that I need the same APK to work for both devices, but when it is run on QUEST2 it will interact with the HAND, and when on the GO it will interact using the controller.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Can't you just make the build with hand + controller?
    That case you also give the option to use controllers on the quest for those who prefer it or for accessibility

5. emer2terra

emer2terra

Yes, I am currently doing controls + hand implementation. Still it doesn't work.
    When I tick Quest2 on the target device. The application does not run on the GO.

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

Just don't tick any and it should run on everything

7. emer2terra

emer2terra

If I don't mark any of the options, the application runs in both, however the HAND doesn't work in quest2!