Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

How to commit a change made on an Unity Package ?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by xenotime, May 9, 2019.

1. xenotime

xenotime

Hello Everyone,

I fixed a bug on Unity Post Processing (6 month i'm waiting for a fix, but still nothing) and I would like to share the correction with my team. But files from Packages (saved in PackageCache) do not seem to be managed by Collab.
    Is there a way to share my changes ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

2. MattT5

MattT5

I don't think so. We have the same issue with the Postprocessing package (actually there are multiple issues with that package). I have copied the fixed files into the project somewhere, so they are pushed to the other team members, and then I copy the files back into the PP package on other people's machines.

But if it is possible, I am interested as well!

3. dtakahas

dtakahas

Hey all,

Collab will pick up packages / files that actually live on disk in the Packages directory. However, as you've noticed, the way it's represented in the project browser does not reflect what's actually in that directory. Usually if you look in the Finder / Explorer, the only file that's really there is manifest.json.

You should be able to move your fixed package folder into Packages where it will get shared. Also, the package manager allows for Git URLs now, so another option might be to edit your manifest.json to point at a repository where you have hosted your fixed version. https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-dependencies.html scroll down to Git URLs

4. MattT5

MattT5

Interesting! I will definitely give that a try. What happens when you update the package, though?

5. dtakahas

dtakahas

Update the package like from the Package Manager window?

6. MattT5

MattT5

Yeah sorry, I was being dumb...