Search Unity

How to combine different Revit Files

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by unity_aica01, Oct 6, 2020.

1. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi everyone:
    I still having the problem that, when combining different Revit document into Reflect (exporting them into different Reflect files) I can´t visualice the metadata attached to them.
    So if someone could just tell me how to export correctly the Revit docs to get them together into Reflect and visualize all the data...
    Tanks everyone!! :)

2. VincentGoupil

VincentGoupil

Hi !
    Same issue here. You are working with a main Revit project that contains other linked projects ?
    So when you try to export the main project, all the meshes are well exported, but you loose every metadata from the linked projects.

I tried it a main project containing walls and a linked project containing switches/lights. I needed to access the host of a switch, but the parameter indicates the linked project's name.
    The metadata is not recursive for the moment, hope it will.

I think for now we have to export from seperated Revit.

3. mika_leonard

mika_leonard

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

@unity_aica01 Could you give more details on your issue? I just tried a link scenario where I inserted a structure model as a link in an architectural model, and exported them to a Reflect project. I managed to retrieve and visualize all the metadata of the linked Revit elements in the 1.3 Reflect viewer.

@vgoupil your issue seems to be related to hosted Revit elements, not Revit links. There's a known bug currently with hosted families, affecting mostly MEP components like sprinklers, where the elements are not published correctly by Reflect

4. eproca_SimRTR

eproca_SimRTR

Hi,

If it is of any help, you can combine many different models in the same Reflect project, coming from the same original Revit project file (using different views) or from different Revit project files. In my opinion, the best approach for large federated models is to export each model separately. And not to combine them before as only one model, except you have a reason for doing this.

The last entry of my blog is about recommendations using large federated models with Reflect.
    https://simrtr.com/blog