Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

How to combine .demo files for GAIL and Behavioral Cloning?

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by xofreshxo, Oct 19, 2020.

1. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

So whenever I record my behavior for behavioral cloning, a new .demo file is created and placed in a directory (behavior1.demo, behavior1_0.demo, .., behavior1_99.demo). Each of these files has like 10-15 episodes. My behavior for the agent then uses this directory for behavioral cloning. Now this is fine at a small scale, but lets say I want to get thousands of episodes that I cannot record in one sitting, is there a way to write to an existing demo file or combine .demo files? I want to prevent having too many files but be able to continue adding episodes over a long period of time.

2. vincentpierre

vincentpierre

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This feature is on our radar. I will mention your request to the team and we will prioritize accordingly.

3. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

Thank you very much for your response, I look forward to this feature :D.

4. vincentpierre

vincentpierre

Unity Technologies

My apologies,
    I checked with the team, at it is already possible to use multiple demo files to train. You need to place all the .demo files in a directory and then pass the path to this directory in the config file. The documentation says here : https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...g-Configuration-File.md#gail-intrinsic-reward
    gail -> demo_path (Required, no default) The path to your .demo file or directory of .demo files.​

5. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

Sorry, I may not have been clear enough in my original post, I am currently doing this. I would like to be able to write to existing files or combine files so that I don't have have thousands of files as I am expecting a large number of recordings with a few episodes in each one. Thanks!

6. vincentpierre

vincentpierre

Unity Technologies

My mistake. I logged your issue in our feature requests and we will prioritize appropriately.

unityunity