Search Unity

How to combine 2 animations: run and hand animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by kawson, Feb 22, 2021.

1. kawson

kawson

Hi,

I know that there was many posts about "how to combine upper and lower body etc." but i don't know how to use it in my project. In this moment i have only idle, walk run animations and hand animations (character makes some signs by hands). Now he can only make signs animations in idle position. I want him to be able to run and use signs animations. So I made avatars for lower body and upper body but it doesnt work as i expected. There is many weird things (if character run and use signs it works, but when it run, use sign then stop and try next sign character bugs). Anyway, I don't how should I use layers. Should i use 2 layers: lower body- Run, walk and idle animations and upper body- hand signs?

Sorry for my eng,
    I hope someone helps me, pls.

https://ibb.co/7kJs02V <--- my mecanim animations

2. M-Elwy

M-Elwy

Yes you are right, 2 layer, 1 lower body for movement and 1 upper body for attacking, here is a tutorial that make exactly that (start from 6:42):

syshex, HD43 and kawson like this.
  3. kawson

kawson

Okey but if i want to make jump animations without any avatar mask, should I use another layer for jump?
    Anyway, if i do 2 layers, even with 0 weight, my 3d model try to do both animations, from both layers so thats a problem. I dont know how to use these 2 layers ONLY if my character move or run.

EDIT: Okey it works. I didn't add "idle" state in new layer. Thanks for answer.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  4. M-Elwy

M-Elwy

Good luck mate.