Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

How to close my account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by s7ent, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s7ent

s7ent

A moderator took personal offense to my post, accused me of trying to "ban criticism" for pointing out hypocrisy of labeling other peoples work shovelware when one doesn't have any success stories themselves, so I no longer feel I should have an account here and should have all my posts and details removed.

How do I close my account down?

Thanks and sincerest apologies to all I offended.

2. wccrawford

wccrawford

They have no obligation to provide a way to remove all the posts you made.

Change your info in your account panel. And manually delete each of your messages if you want them gone. There's only 28 of them, so it shouldn't take you long.

calmcarrots likes this.
  3. TheValar

TheValar

Not sure why you would need to delete it. If you don't want to be part of the community just delete any profile information (you don't really have any) and don't log in anymore. That being said I'm not sure that's the best conflict resolution. If you feel you wronged someone then apologize. If not then just move on. It's not that big of a deal if one moderator isn't your biggest fan, they're not going to lock threads based on personal feelings alone.

4. RJ-MacReady

RJ-MacReady

</wrist>

5. Ostwind

Ostwind

Why did you create this thread unless you want to be a martyr? you could have just logged off and never look back. For more serious things you could have private messaged an Unity employee. Also if you feel some moderator acted really unprofessional then you should have just again used private messages to report them instead of public bash which usually does not look good for anyone unless it involves a group of people.

6. TheSniperFan

TheSniperFan

Because it's not "hypocrisy".
    The "do it better"-defense is often a knee-jerk response, used by people who can't deal with criticism.
    I don't even need to know how to cook at all, to be able to tell you that your steak tastes bad.

superpig, Ostwind and TheValar like this.
  7. Amon

Amon

Very weak personalities do things like this. The OP believe it or not has certain behavioral systems in his mind that have not improved/advanced much over time as he was growing up. This is what has lead to this immature 'Hey I've been told off, caused a problem so I'll disappear" behavior. The maturity of this certain behavior system hasn't advanced and still remains as it was when the OP was younger. This is due to a lack of sensible adult input regarding how to deal with problems caused by ones self in a logical reasonable manner that doesn't involve attention seeking last stance posts like this.

elmar1028 and Ostwind like this.
  8. Ryiah

Ryiah

It looked like he simply closed the thread because it was a continuation of a discussion from another thread that had already been closed. What were you expecting when you tried to start the discussion again in another thread?

Ostwind and BeefSupreme like this.
  9. s7ent

s7ent

You wouldn't do this in real life. Here, you can post anonymously and insult and belittle others without consequence. You might think otherwise, but really don't know what you're talking about.

This analogy is faulty. The appropriate analogy would involve two chefs.

rsr likes this.
  10. randomperson42

randomperson42

11. s7ent

s7ent

@randomperson42, really? If you have something you want to say, even if it's insulting, it's better to just say it than resort to passive-aggressive meme sharing.

12. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning Unity Technologies

We don't have the ability to delete accounts but we can close it. If you want it closed, please contact support@unity3d.com but keep in mind that you will lose the ability to manage you Unity license and access any Asset Store purchases you have made with this account.

This thread is closed, it's already getting ugly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.