Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How to choose LightWeight-DefaultTerrain?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by nicmarxp, Jun 17, 2018.

1. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

I wanted to try the Shader Graph with my project, so I installed LWRP and upgraded my materials to work with it, and my terrain got broken (pink). I read somewhere that a new terrain works, and it sure does.

However I want to keep my settings on the terrain, except that the Material needs to be LightWeight-DefaultTerrain, but I can't choose it from somewhere.

How do I choose this on my old terrain? If I click the circle, I see my own assets, and nothing like that.

I exported/imported the height map, but all my settings needs to be put one by one, so if I could just select the correct material/shader, it would be a lot easier. :)

Thanks!

2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Just create a new material, assign it to right shader (LightweightPipeline->Terrain->Standard Terrain) and assign that material into that Terrain Custom Material.

40detectives likes this.
  3. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Aha thanks, that makes perfect sense!

4. 40detectives

40detectives

Thank you very much! I didn't know how to achieve it. This is still an issue (a year later) when importing terrains not created in a LW project. It would be nice having a way to upgrade all terrains at once.

Also, when you create a new terrain in a LW project it seems to pick this one:
    Packages/Lightweight RP/Runtime/Materials/TerrainLit

So you could get going without creating one material for that if you want.