Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to check who created a project and enabled Analytics

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Aurecon_Unity, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Hi Unity,

I run a studio with 19 users fairly spread out geographically, and we are having an issue where some of our users are enabling Unity Analytics on new projects despite not actually needing it. This is clogging up our project page under our account and I need to manually archive these projects regularly.

Can you please advise if you have considered listing the project creator under the Project Settings - General? This would easily allow me to identify and talk to whoever is responsible.

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this question, but I'll also put it under Unity Editor and General Support forum.

2. Benvictus

Benvictus

I'm not sure if this has been considered, I'll have to ask around or potentially this has already been suggested on the Unity feedback pages.

You are able to disable analytics via the "Create Project" window on starting up Unity. This will set analytics to "disabled" by default for any new projects created. You can then clean up any projects that you don't need on your organization by archiving them.

How to Archive a Project

3. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Hi Ben, yep as a team we generally disable analytics on project creation - it helps that it remembers your preference next time too.

My issue is that *someone* on my team doesn't do this, and I need to find out who this is. We create lots of small projects, so every few weeks I have to manually archive these projects which takes time I'd rather not spend.

I would have thought an administrator being able to view who creates new projects in our organisation would be a pretty fundamental requirement?

4. Benvictus

Benvictus

@Aurecon_Unity

I'm just checking with the team now to see if there is currently a way to see who created a project. I'll update you when I Know more.

If you want only the owner to create projects under the organization, then you can set the other members to Users.

5. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Thanks a lot Benvictus!

Because of the global nature of our team, we do need everybody to be able to create projects. I tried setting people to Users and restricting the ability to create projects but it turned into more trouble than it was worth.

6. EileenJoseph

EileenJoseph

7. Benvictus

Benvictus

@Aurecon_Unity

Just wanted to keep you updated...

Being able to see who created a project is something that is being worked on, however, there is no current ETA.

If you have members that you do not want creating projects in your organization then I'd recommend setting their role as a User.

Users
    are unable to create projects. Hopefully, this will help in the meantime.

- Ben

8. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Hi Ben, thanks a lot for the update. Denying the ability to create projects is still not a good solution in our particular use case, so I'm happy to hear that being able to see who created a project is being worked on.

Thanks a lot!