Search Unity

Question How to check if a TimelineClip has ended?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Pietrofonix, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Pietrofonix

Pietrofonix

Hi guys, I'd like to know how to check if a TimelineClip has ended inside a PlayableDirector. What I want to achieve is to restart the PlayableDirector from the beginning of a TimelineClip when that clip has ended. Now I'm trying with this simple if statement but it doesn't work:

Code (CSharp):
    2. public override TaskStatus OnUpdate()
    3. {
    4.       if (Director.time >= m_timelineClip.end)
    5.       {
    6.           Director.time = m_timelineClip.start;
    7.       }
    8.       return TaskStatus.Running;
    9. }
    The problem is that it doesn't enter in the If statement and I don't know how check in another way. I set the PlayableDirector WrapMode in every mode but nothing. Thank you for your support.

2. tonytopper

tonytopper

I was really surprised this isn't easier to do myself. For me director.time returns a value between 0 and 1. I have WrapMode of None.

I started playing around with checking the state and the time to figure this out.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public override void Update()
    2. {
    3.           if (director.state == PlayState.Playing)
    4.           {
    5.                 Debug.Log($"Director time: {director.time} {director.state}");
    6.           }
    7.           else if (director.state == PlayState.Paused && Mathf.Approximately((float)director.time, 1))
    8.           {
    9.                 director.Stop();
    10.                 Debug.Log($"Director time: {director.time} {director.state}");
    11.           }
    12. }
    Playables sounds really cool and powerful but I don't know why Unity would expect it to get a lot of use in its current state. Seems like PlayableDirector needs a completed event or something like that to me.