Search Unity

Question How to change the UV tiling in a unity script

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by unity_E5793FB0862C79340753, Mar 14, 2023.

1. unity_E5793FB0862C79340753

unity_E5793FB0862C79340753

I am doing a game in unity and I have made a script that I run at editor time to merge numerous ProBuilder Meshes which are all side by side (they are areas of a board) into one single ProBuilder Mesh which is the final board. However, that step alone does not change the way the texture appears, and I have a repeated texture covering each previously separated mesh instead of one texture applying to the overall newly built mesh.

I have found a solution to that problem, which is to open the UV editor in ProBuilder's menu while the new mesh is selected, select all faces, and change the tiling values to X=0.125, and Y=0.125 in the UV Auto mode. I am now trying to reproduce that action programmatically, but I have not found a way.

So, how is it possible to reproduce the action of changing the UV tiling by a script? Thanks a lot.

I have stored the merged object in ProBuilderMesh combinedMesh and I tried to access its UVs with combinedMesh.GetUVs(0, uvs); as well as combinedMesh.uv;, but I did not manage from there to change those UVs to reproduce what I am currently manually doing and didn't find how to do so on the internet.

One of the attempts I was the most hopeful for was this one and while it didn't return any error it did not change the way the texture appears on the Mesh:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. combinedMesh.GetUVs(0, uvs);
    3. for(int i=0; i<uvs.Count; i++)
    4. {
    5.       uvs[i] = uvs[i] * 0.125f;
    6. }
    8. combinedMesh.SetUVs(0, uvs);
    9. combinedMesh.RefreshUV(combinedMesh.faces);

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023