Search Unity

How to change the Sleeping Thresold parameters in Havok?

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by Armitage1982, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Armitage1982

Armitage1982

Hi

Is there any SleepThresold settings in Havok?
    I can enable sleeping through Havok Physics Configuration but see nothing about parametrization.

Also, if you have the answer, I would love to know where you got it from because I can't find anything online and the Havok documentation isn't very extensive.

2. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

We haven't exposed any sleep parameters at the minute. Do you need to make sleep more aggressive or do you want to wake bodies up?

3. Armitage1982

Armitage1982

I would like to access the Deactivation settings to make it more aggressive like you say.
    I found an old user manual for the 2014 version (« Oh come on! »). Assuming it is still relevant, I would reduce the "Deactivation radius" and/or the range of "Deactivation frames".

To give you some context, I have a large, messy stack of cylindrical objects (think about a bag of coins) and I would like it to come to rest after a few seconds or more. But no matter how much I increase the Intertia Tensor or Coefficient of Friction, the stack never stops sliding on itself.

In this regard, what is the difference between "Geometric mean" & "Arithmetic mean"?
    It might be interesting to have a small sketch in the documentation about the effect of each CombinePolicy.
    I found this https://www.wallstreetmojo.com/geometric-mean-vs-arithmetic-mean/ but it doesn't really speak for itself.

Thanks.