Search Unity

How to change the color of probuilder material

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Alien_J, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Alien_J

Alien_J

I've been messing around with probuilder, and I'd like to change the color of a material. Like the white smooth material, I would like to change it to blue. Or some other color.

Is it possible? Or how do I add my own custom materials to probuilder?

Thanks for any help on this.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! You can't change the default ProBuilder material, because it is part of the read-only package. However, you can use any material at all, just create it as usual and drag-drop to the PB object. Nothing special there, it's just a mesh :)

Hope that helps!

Alien_J likes this.
  3. Vibertex

Vibertex

When I use pro builder the default color of the cubes is brown for me which I don't know how to change and my brothers is white. Do you know how to change the default color?

4. antoinebr_unity

antoinebr_unity

Unity Technologies

The brown color in the default cube material is normally caused by the lighting not being generated. You can manually trigger the lighting generation or toggle the auto generation at the bottom of the Lighting Window (menu: Window > Rendering > Lighting).

5. jamezilla0

jamezilla0

Man haha not even the big youtubers mention this. thanks allot;; this was hella helpful

antoinebr_unity likes this.
  6. Mhdkoky

Mhdkoky

Well there is a way. Just make a material and select ProBuilder's Standard Vertex Color shader. Done. Hope this helps!

https://i.imgur.com/bZDpfJP.png

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  7. ddreams_anne

ddreams_anne

You can also create a normal (or URP/HDRP) material, and use the ProBuilder image (GridBox_Default.png) in the BaseMap (albedo) property and change the colour to your liking.

8. blastyboi565

blastyboi565

ohh ok thanks lol i was also wondering