Search Unity

How to change Textures to tiling in Unity 5?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by NeonTheCoder, Apr 22, 2015.

1. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder

Hi I have this simple model for testing out the Unity engine and I use a blender for modeling. In blender when I render a image of the model, the textures tile correctly and such but in unity the image seems to grow to a huge size which just makes the object look stupid. Here are the photos of the object. How would I get the Model in unity to appear like it is in blender?

blender.PNG

unity.PNG

Thanks!

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Not a blender artist so translate as best you can.
    I'm guessing your tiling the coordinates of the map in blender.
    The proper way to accomplish what you want is to unwrap the mesh and put the texture your using into the flat unwrapped UV's.
    After the mapping is correct you export the map with the model and it will look correct in Unity.

Unless the mesh in image 1 is two separate pieces in Unity (the rock pile and steel "I" beams). If that's the case just increase the tiling of the rock pebble texture in Unity.

3. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder

Yeah the Steel Beams are separate objects in the model but it seems whatever I do to the tiling in the shader it looks the same here is a picture of what I'm talking about.

As you can see under tiling in the settings it's 1000 however the texture on the object doesn't change. but the little icon that shows the material does. Is this a glitch?

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Wow - that should work.

As long as the pebble pile has proper UV's.

Are the UVs set up correctly from 3D app?

That is some very dense mesh for such a smooth model! Why have such a dense mesh?