Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How to change runtime material texture in Tiny Mode

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by MeTheOo, Sep 23, 2020.

1. MeTheOo

MeTheOo

We would like to change 3d model texture when we touch the object, but cannot find any information about it.

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

You can change the texture for a mesh by
    - Get the mesh entity and Get the MeshRenderer component
    - From the MeshRenderer component get the material entity
    - From the Material entity get the Material component
    Change it as you want and apply the changes back

3. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

I have made a simple example to showcase changing material color (by pressing space bar)
    you can follow the same steps to change any material properties

Attached Files:

MeTheOo, YoungDeveloper and newguy123 like this.
  4. YoungDeveloper

YoungDeveloper

Hi example is very helpful, but it changes color only, could please showcase something regarding changing texture from serialized inspector, thanks a lot!

5. Goularou

Goularou

I think that nobody, including Abdul, knows!
    This relates to an Entity itself included in the material Entity, where an Image2D component (but also others, such as Image2DLoadFromFileGuids or Web.Image2DHTML are present).
    This is pure madness, with no documentation nor examples whatsoever (look up for component stated above) and I am close to dropping tiny, ECS and even Unity!
    Really tired to be a sorcerer trying out charms with no spell book...
    Ridiculous
    EDIT: I leave the above as written, since Unity must hear about the incredible lack of documentation on Tiny project, totally discouraging.
    But DOTS and Unity are too good for me to drop all that / indeed, the recent short forum post of Joachim, CTO, ( https://forum.unity.com/threads/is-dots-being-abandoned.1183621/#post-7594702 ) reinsured me AND, in addition to being an awesome engine, the new CDN (so called Cloud Content Delivery)is really great (among other goodies, suprpessing the CORS hassle). Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021