Search Unity

how to change Image Editor associated to Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by craig4android, May 10, 2019.

1. craig4android

craig4android

how to change Image Editor associated to Unity, like I want to use Gimp instead of MS-Paint, but couldn't find anything on google. My default Windows association is Gimp for Png but Unity still uses Ms-Paint.

sry my bad, I mean the editor that opens on double click in "Project View" is Ms-Paint instead of Gimp, so I cant open the images on double click.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    IveGotThePawa likes this.
  2. Vryken

Vryken

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware, Unity doesn't have an associated image editor.

You can just use whichever editor you want. As long as the editor can export images in any of the image formats supported by Unity, you can import them into Unity.

3. craig4android

craig4android

sry my bad, I mean the editor that opens on double click in "Project View" is Ms-Paint instead of Gimp, so I cant open the images on double click.

4. Vryken

Vryken

Ah, then this isn't related to Unity; you need to change your default program that opens the specific file type in your Operating System settings.

5. craig4android

craig4android

nono windows is definitely set to Gimp.

IveGotThePawa likes this.
  6. Vryken

Vryken

The only other thing I can think of is trying to change Image Editor settings in the External Tools Preferences.

7. craig4android

craig4android

ty you are my hero, this did work.