Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to change from Gluon mode

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by pKallv, Aug 9, 2021.

1. pKallv

pKallv

As the title states how do I change from Gluon mode to dev mode?

Just installed the Plastic SCM package but cannot find how to do this, also tried to google it.

2. croquer

croquer

Unity Technologies

Hi @pKallv!

To change a workspace from one mode to another you need to open the workspace with the Plastic SCM Gui (not gluon GUI), you will see something like this:

upload_2021-8-11_13-39-5.png

As you can see in the orange panel you need to "Run and update" to change it to "full mode".

Click the "Run and update" button and that's all.

Note: This is something we recommend doing one single time. We don't recommend to be switching a workspace from one GUI to the other, for that purpose please create two workspaces, one partial (gluon) another one full (plastic).

Hope this helps!

pKallv likes this.
  3. krisventure

krisventure

Sorry I just thought this is sort of the same question: How do I do it the other way around? For an artist who accidentally configured it to start in full mode but wants to switch to Gluon? Any way switch option or does he need to delete the workspace and join again to get the dialogue and select Gluon?

4. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

The same process also works in the opposite way. if you run an update in the workspace via Gluon, you can convert the Plastic GUI workspace to the Gluon format.

Regards,
    Carlos.

5. Epiplon

Epiplon

Okay, so sorry for reviving an old thread but I've ran across the same problem.

I opened the "Unity Version Control" tab, clicked on "Configure Gluon, this window appeared and then I tried to click on this option to see if it would switch the workspace.

Unity_kMSD4rDXIA.png

But then it's giving me this error

eGbPSHDTOA.png

What's that mean? How do I set this path?

6. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi @Epiplon, are you trying to convert a Plastic GUI workspace to Gluon mode? Even when this is possible, using the workspace simultaneously with Plastic GUI and Gluon is not recommended.

Can you attach the Plastic client logs?
    C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\logs

Epiplon likes this.
  7. Epiplon

Epiplon

Yes, here are the logs. I tried to change because I wanted to create a new branch and planned to keep working that way.

Attached Files:

8. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Are you using the Gluon GUI to change the workspace type? You don't have pending to commit changes, right? You can create the branch via a new Plastic GUI workspace or via the "cm branch create --help" command.

Anyway, if you are stuck, please reach us at devops-vcs-support@unity3d.com and we can connect with you to evaluate your setup and find a workaround.

Regards,
    Carlos.