Search Unity

Other How to call a permanent environment?

Discussion in 'VR' started by sasasamb, Mar 4, 2022.

1. sasasamb

sasasamb

Hi everyone, I am developing a vr environment (just a room) where people can interact with simple objects.

I am like, on a scale 1 to 10, a level 2 Unity Game developer. I am close to zero skills in coding. Not bad in general architecture dynamics of the software.

My environment is going to be played by different single players. One after the other. Is there a possibility to leave the environment as it has been rearranged by the last visitor? Like a sort of “save” function enabled by default? Maybe more a sort of “autosave”.

I do not want people to press any button for that. Lets say that they have 5 minute each, a bunch of objects to rearrange, and then the game stops ready for the next player. The one that will come after will start from where everything was left. Like in a real room. You enter, you mess up, you go out. The next visitor will see your mess.

The thing is: I do not know how to look for infos or answers as I do not know how to call this properly and wether it exists.

Thanks for your help!

Best

Alessandro

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022