Search Unity

How to build application with Hololens Remoting

Discussion in 'VR' started by shigao, Feb 28, 2017.

1. shigao

shigao

I can debug via Hololens Remoting in Unity Editor, but in case I need to compile to native pc application, how can i connect to Hololens Remoting without Unity Editor

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

You can debug through visual studio by deploying to a remote machine, in this case the HoloLens in debug.

3. shigao

shigao

Thanks for the reply. What I mean is when in Unity editor, I can use the remote play via hololens remoting as the attached picture, so that the application running in pc side, and transfer the image to hololens. But l do not know how can I do this when i build it to pc application
    remoting.png

4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

5. shigao

shigao

Thanks for the information. Is there any plan that Unity will support remoting outside the editor?

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

7. yunshuijin

yunshuijin

Unity3d now is supporting publish a remote host application for Hololens. I've successfully tested it in Unity 2018.2.4.f1. It is said that 2018.2.0b7 has supported this feature.

8. abuklea

abuklea

Hi @yunshuijin would you have any further details on the correct steps/settings required to build and run a Unity UWP application, for running on a standard Windows 10 PC to connect to a hololens using holographic remoting?

Or alternatively would you have a working project that I could use to test on my machine and look at your settings and the built VS solution. I believe I have followed all available advice I can find.. and trial and error isn't giving me much luck. I am still having issues connecting to my hololens (RS5) from a standalone UWP app built using Unity 2018.2.11f1

Please see question posted here: https://answers.unity.com/questions/1566982/how-to-enable-vr-streaming-unity-uwp-hololens-remo.html

Any assistance or information about any specific camera settings, order of loading WindowsMR device and remoting connection, or any other information at all would be very helpful... thank you!