Search Unity

How to build and render a world for all platforms?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MadAboutPandas3, Aug 13, 2019.

1. MadAboutPandas3

MadAboutPandas3

Hello,

We are developing a game for many platforms. The weakest supported device is iPhone 6 and old AppleTV and the device with the best hardware capabilities is a PC.

My question is what is the recommended way to have an level look almost AAA on a 2K/4K display and also be able to load and play it on mobile? Currently almost each prop (e.g. tree or house) has a LODGroup component with an LOD0 and LOD1 child game object. On mobile the quality setting it set to medium or low quality. The maximum lod is set to 1 and textures size to half. As a result the LOD0 high res mesh and LOD1 high res texture is not loaded into memory. The IDE xcode tells me about 1.4 GB of memory consumption, it should be much less and the profiler on windows shows also much less. Do I miss something. Is there an easy way to find out what uses so much memory on iOS except removing things from the level one by one? Is there a better way of reducing render and memory pressure than using LODgroups?

Kind Regards
    Chris

2. MadAboutPandas3

MadAboutPandas3

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies