Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to build an Asymmetrical VR game?

Discussion in 'VR' started by castana1962, Apr 27, 2020.

1. castana1962

castana1962

Hi All
    I am making Recovery treatments for Human health problems by VR games and I am interested in adding Asymmetrical VR features. It lets us to play 'crossplay' between VR and non-VR users by Asymmetric local co-op mode feature( for example in the Pizza Master VR game, The VR player works as the pizza chef, while someone connected on the same PC works as a waiter on the mouse and keyboard. Teamwork and communication is important, because only the waiter can see and serve orders, while only the chef can create them) For it, Could anybody advice me how to do it? or Where I could get any info for developing this one?
    Thanks for your help
    Alejandro

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

It's no different from any other multiplayer game. Go look for some tutorials on networking and multiplayer, I'm sure you'll find something useful.

castana1962 likes this.
  3. castana1962

castana1962

Hi JoeStrout
    It is great !!!
    Thanks for the info !!!
    Best Regards
    Alejandro

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    JoeStrout likes this.
  4. Banksy

Banksy

Hi I'm wondering how you are progressing on your reserach into Asymmetric style VR games ?

I'm a dev. currently building an Asym. Style Game using "VRIF" on a Quest 2.

NOte: I currently have VR player loaded but there's a confict with the camera when the screenbased player enters the scene.

Any tips would be relly appreciated.

5. arfish

arfish

Hi,

Have you thought about removing the camera rig from the other network players, so only the local player has a camera?

(Or do you have some advanced plans to let the Quest 2 run multiple players, and cast their individual views to add on displays, and using extra game controllers?)

TCOLLI likes this.