Search Unity

How to block someone from following you on unity connect?

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Stranger-Games, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Hi,

It seems that Unity Connect doesn't have a block feature. I want to block some people from following me or viewing my profile, how can I do that?

Thanks for advance.

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey,

We do not have this feature at the moment. I'll add it to the backlog immediately! By the way, would you please contact me at markp@unity3d.com to talk privately about the scenario?

3. MackNugget

MackNugget

Yea this seems like a fairly obvious feature. I don't understand why its not on there. Especially when you make a job post and get tons of unwanted and irrelevant solicitations.

RickshawDerpyDerp likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just looking ahead, if anyone makes an iOS app for Unity Connect, Apple requires that any kind of social media app have functionality to report and block content. I went through this with a social media app and had to throw in the standard report/block features at the last minute to get it approved.

5. AaronCammarata

AaronCammarata

Two years later, I'm still being followed by spammers and no block function.

Just how far down the backlog did you put this? The spammers can abuse your system, and the legit users just have to deal with it?

RickshawDerpyDerp and JBR-games like this.
  6. RickshawDerpyDerp

RickshawDerpyDerp

Unity Connect is the worst place to find jobs and showcase projects on the internet. Most updates are spam and there is no protection from fake user accounts. I am just waiting for the day I get an email saying all of my data has been stolen

7. OrdainedCoder75

OrdainedCoder75

I ended up here while searching for the "Report" function on Unity Connect, after noticing a probably fake user spamming non-related content on various groups. It seems that Connect still needs adjustments.

8. mark3boi

mark3boi

5 years later and we still dont have a block feature .i feel like moving to unreal or godot