Search Unity

Resolved How to blink color in sprite using 'Replace Color' with Shader Graph

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Jointy87, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Jointy87

Jointy87

Hi all.

I've started trying to figure out Shader Graph a bit with the goal of being able to have my sprite's weapon blink between a chosen color and it's default color. The weapon is not a seperate sprite but is part of the player sprite.

I've checked out some tutorials online and managed to get pretty far. Through the shader I can now swap the weapon color using 'Replace Color' node. However, this now just means that the weapon's color is swapped always. I want to be able to control the color swap by turning the color replacement on and off by simply communicating with a Vector1 that sets the opacity of it or something. I've tried several ways to achieve this but I can't get it right at all.

My current shadergraph looks like this:
    upload_2020-8-16_14-26-55.png

I've tried setting step nodes and multyplier nodes into the 'to' field of the color replacer but I just can't get it right.

Anybody got any idea's how I should set this up so I'm able to control when the color is replaced?

Thanks so much! Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Jointy87

Jointy87

Figured a way to do it using the Gradient node and connecting a vector1 to that. Now I can switch between flash color and original color. Not the way I intended it (flash between flash color and invisible) but this works fine for now.