Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

How to avoid placement of objects with touch on top of UI (button)?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by zyonneo, Aug 2, 2019.

1. zyonneo

zyonneo

I am using Image as background which is a UI element.When I select/click a button and again touch on the screen containing the background image another sprite gets instantiated on the screen.After that when I go to click another button again the sprite gets instantiated on top of the button.How to avoid this.

I want the button to be clicked without instantiating already selected sprite on top of it.

Code (CSharp):
    1.  if (Input.touchCount > 0 && !EventSystem.current.IsPointerOverGameObject(Input.GetTouch(0).fingerId))
    2. {
    3. //As it disable the  instantiation of sprites that comes on the top of the background image.
    4. }
    If I use the above code I cannot instantiate by touching on background image which is a UI.I cannot remove the background image as it is important.This is a 2d project.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. doctorpangloss

doctorpangloss

Use the IPointerClickHandler pattern for handling touch events. Unity has a built-in system for "consuming" events. In this case, you will ".use" on your pointer event.

unityunity