Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to avoid getting your project stolen from contributors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earthsnake, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Earthsnake

Earthsnake

Hi there, I'm not sure where to post this. While I'm focusing the contributor term here being the one on the Unity collab feature, I think this can be categorized as a general discussion.

So with the unity collab feature, you can upload your project and it specifies you being the owner of that project. If you invite others, there is only 2 other roles, the manager, and the user. The manager has a very similar authority/power to the owner, while the user can only view the project.

My question is how to prevent someone inside your project to steal the source code via Unity collab? Today, with many online market platforms exist, it's very easy to work with various people from overseas. While it's a good thing, the possibility of getting your project ripped away by some strangers is significant.

Surely we can create formal/official documents (NDA, work agreement, etc), but I just want to know if there is a way/feature to prove that you are the original owner of the source code inside the Unity itself if someone shipped your project and sell them on video game platforms.

Thanks

2. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

Hire people you trust and pay them what they are worth, this is not a technical problem this is a management problem.

3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Get decent collaborators. No freelancer who want paid work again will steal from an employer.

theANMATOR2b likes this.