Search Unity

how to assign timeline audio tracks to mixer groups?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by ewanuno, Oct 17, 2019.

1. ewanuno

ewanuno

how can i assign the audiosource of an audiotrack to a mixer group?

do i need to create an audiosource in my scene for each audiotrack and then change it's settings? won't this get messy when i have loads of timelines with multiple audio tracks? i'd have to make a pool of AudioSources
    and keep track of them.

since each audiotrack creates and AudioSource instance at runtime, i expected to be able to change the setting of this audiosource in the inspector for the audiotrack.

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, unfortunately you need to go through an AudioSource to assign to an AudioMixer. If you are not using 3D sounds, then you can have one audio source per mixer - not every track needs a unique audio source.

The audio track doesn't auto-create an audio source. It uses AudioPlayables, which can be optionally bound to an audio source,

3. ewanuno

ewanuno

so what would happen if i simultaneously play clips in two tracks that use the same audioSource? thats going to be a problem.

for now i've just created a pool of AudioSources configured to use different mixer groups, that i'll have to manually allocate to each track.

4. ferverence

ferverence

Is this still where things stand currently?