Search Unity

Question How to assemble two prefabs runtime?

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by sterbilly, Dec 3, 2022.

1. sterbilly

sterbilly

At the moment, I have two prefabs: a seat and a leg. Both have mesh collider convex, and the seat has a socket where I have to place the leg. It works, but when I release the seat with the leg assembled, only the seat collide with the floor, while the leg pass through the floor (and the others object, like a table). The final result I want is a chair (a seat and four leg). How can I stop the leg from to pass through the floor when is attached to the seat?

2. alexsmith123

alexsmith123

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Could you please show your script on the legs? Is there any difference between how you handle the legs and the seat?
    In the mean time here is an overview on collision, I hope it helps.

3. alexsmith123

alexsmith123

Unity Technologies

One more thought: Do you have a Rigidbody on it?

4. sterbilly

sterbilly

There isn't difference between how I handle legs and seat. I'm using the XR Interaction Toolkit, I haven't my script. And yes, both have rigid body and mesh colliders. The problem happen only when the leg is attached to the seat, otherwise the physics on the leg works right and it collides with the others objects in the rooms.

5. VRDave_Unity

VRDave_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @sterbilly
    Can you post an image of your setup for the objects? That could help us see what's going on and where it may not be configured correctly.

6. sterbilly

sterbilly

This is the setup

Attached Files: