Search Unity

Resolved How To Animate 2 Characters with ONE animation (simple)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by JizzyT, Nov 26, 2022.

1. JizzyT

JizzyT

For anyone wondering, Ive been trying to figure this out for hours just so i can make a lit short/medium animated fight, on my own and forums. The forums had plenty of questions about this but of course out of all those no one had an answer except blender! how nice. Anyways I figured out how to do it on my own, so if anyone wants to know how here u go. (also im not the most experienced or well knowledge on this program so i dont know codes or any of the advanced sh** but ill figure it out one way or another)

| First click on the character and go to inspector and press "select" to the right of "Models" and "Open"

| Then switch the animation type to generic, do the same with your next character(s)

| Next create a duplicate character and set him to the side (only need the hierarchy, also could work with an object i dont know i didnt try it)

| Then with that duplicate, You are gonna make it the parent of the 2 characters you are animating

PAUSE, if your character isnt staying where it should be when u press play or move the timeline, Press add property and add Pos/Rot/Scale. (i did that then, i made a new animation and i didnt have to do it next time)

| FINALLY you are gonna go to add component "Animator" to your characters. and make sure it has a controller.

| LASTLY Go to the animator and create new clip, Then save to one of em. Then you are gonna create new clip with your other character(s) and instead of pressing save again, Replace the file that you just saved.

Whenever you switch between the characters in the hierarchy it should say the same name. It works, if u dont believe me then press add event or add key and switch back and forth :D np luuuuser