Search Unity

How to analyze event parameters?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Deleted User, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have set up an app to record a custom event based on which AR image target the user selects. The event name is "target.acquired" and the event parameter is the name of the target. when I view the event manager in the dashboard, all I see are the names of the targets, but there are no counts or statistics for them.

I need to deliver these statistics to my client. I don't see any way that this can be done.

In the next version of the app, the client wants to enter their city name and get a report of how many people from each city and state are using the app. How can I do this?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am unable to select my event parameters in the Data Explorer. All I get in the drop-down list are predefined items:

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@gweinfurther,

For sake of clarification, here is an example of a Custom Event.

Analytics.CustomEvent("EventName", new Dictionary<string, object>{
    {"parameter1", "value1"},
    {"parameter2", "value2"}
    });

* Event: EventName
    * Parameters: parameter1, parameter2
    * Values: value1, value2

So your parameters are present in the dashboard. That it was is shown in the dropdown menu.

If you click on any of them, you will get a breakdown of each of the values:
    parameter-breakdown.PNG

This is how you can see the count of each of the values in your dashboard.

Note: Currently, our dashboard only displays the 10 most frequent values. After that, everything else is lumped into an "Others" category.

The other alternative is to use Raw Data Export to download the event data and run your own analysis on the custom event values:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsRawDataExport.html

5. xT1TANx

xT1TANx

You should really be able to display this as colums and rows.

so for the event( row ), what was the value of each of my parameters( columns ). Is this how the full data dump is set up?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

In Raw Data Export, the parameters are contained in a single row-level JSON field. The Dashboard view is limited. RDE is a Pro-only license feature

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  7. xT1TANx

xT1TANx

TYVM I will do that now :)