Search Unity

How to allow players to move each other

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by MWizard, Jun 12, 2018.

1. MWizard

MWizard

Howdy! I followed a few tutorials and built a test world with the multiplayer feature. Join works, players are rolling around with each other, it's neat.

However, I noticed that if I go full force into another player, I will just bounce off of them, or go around them.

I just started playing with the networking side of things in Unity, so I'm just unfamiliar with what features of the network allow for clients to push each other. Is that something I need to implement with a standalone server or something? (And by standalone I mean either a separate server component for the game, or a separate executable for a standalone)

Thanks for any directions. Just a hint is all I need to get going, I think. Google has resulted in different questions being answered, but maybe I just couldn't find it.

EDIT: I'm using Rigidbodies, not Character Controllers.

2. MWizard

MWizard

I was thinking that maaaybe I just have the interaction be part of the original player controller script? Like "If collided with other collider, add force against self based on speed and mass (magnitude?) and angle. I'll let y'all know if I find anything :)