Search Unity

How to add url in unity for vuforia

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Lojtra12, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Lojtra12

Lojtra12

Hello,

so I made an app adding tracker and video, but now I would like to add video from custom URL to show it in AR (Vuforia). In Unity I changed to video link in Video player option, but it does not work, it still gives the video I had before (uploaded into Unity).

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Do you have any code setting the video clip? Could you try removing the component and creating a new one that points to your URL?

3. Lojtra12

Lojtra12

Attached Files:

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

The video url in that thread doesn't appear to work anymore. I've attached a screenshot of what my video player component looks like after modifying the Core Samples to play a url instead of a local video.

Something to note, in our previous version of video playback (prior to utilizing the Unity component) the url for the video needed to point to a video file (such as .mp4 in that posts and my screenshot example). I'm unsure if this is how the Unity component works, but it seems possible.

Attached Files:

5. Lojtra12

Lojtra12

Hey is it possible to make some sort of a tutorial or just step by step text, so can do it like that?

6. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

The screenshot of the video component I included above is taken directly from our Core Samples project. This can be downloaded for free off of the Unity Asset Store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/vuforia-core-samples-99026

If you haven't already, could you download this sample and open the Image Targets scene that is included. The Fissure target in this pre-defined scene contains the Unity Video component, which can be modified to be a URL instead of the included video as seen in my previous screenshot.

7. Lojtra12

Lojtra12

Hello, I made it work, so thanks for all your help

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  8. ankitvirgo23_unity

ankitvirgo23_unity

ho
    w how you made it can you please explain

9. cagerbas

cagerbas

Hi, can you explain the process how can I show a YouTube video on Vuforia AR?

10. Lojtra12

Lojtra12

Hey, sorry didn't see this post, i can tell you, if you still need it

11. gui_colorado10

gui_colorado10

Hello, can you explain me how did you do ?