Search Unity

How to add / update light probes when using load additive

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by SuperUltraHyper, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

2. thefranke

thefranke

Unity Technologies

Hey Reanimate_L,

this is a planned feature for 2019.3. Currently, probes cannot be loaded additively like scenes. The workflow is to additively load all scenes in the Editor and bake them together. The combined Light Probes are then referenced by all the scenes involved, so loading any subset of of these scenes (or all of them together) will automatically load all probes.

Cheers

ksam2 likes this.
  3. ksam2

ksam2

Hi, what about shifting the game world? light probes stop working when I shift the game world with floating origin script! is that fixed too?

4. thefranke

thefranke

Unity Technologies

No, since that is technically not a bug. We could make an API that allows you to move the entire world, which is an exceptional case to allow the probes to be moved with it. I'll note it for consideration on our roadmap. Thanks!

ksam2 likes this.
  5. ksam2

ksam2

Awesome thanks. Just please make it to work with default render pipeline too.

thefranke likes this.
  6. spaces_brad

spaces_brad

I have updated Ghat-Smith's Script to work in Unity 2018, it required marking assets as dirty and forcing a database save.
    Good Luck

Attached Files:

Ghat-Smith likes this.
  7. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I've come up with a solution to this issue if anyone is still interested. Which I assume is the case because its still not fixed.

Each scene can be baked individually and it doesn't require a master scene with all the probes in it to work, which would help out anyone that has scenes that can't fit into memory at once.

Once I get home from vacation I'll post a video of it working.

8. sthansson

sthansson

Hi. I am interested if you have come up with a solution for this. ! =)

9. silentslack

silentslack

10. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I’ll post a video soon showing it working.

11. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Here is a quick video showing the solution we came up with for our current project. It shows light probes working across scenes that were loaded asynchronously.

12. ldlework

ldlework

@FiveFingerStudios Hello, have you posted your solution anywhere? Does your solution allow for moving the geometry of the scenes before baking (think randomly generated level)?

13. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I haven’t posted it yet, still finishing up my game, once I get some free time after the release I will be able to do a write up.

My solution is currently relies on Unity’s light mapping to be executed As long as that requirement is met, I don’t see a problem with it.