Search Unity

How to add sensor data into observation?

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by enzodtz, Apr 2, 2021.

1. enzodtz

enzodtz

So I have a
    RayPerceptionSensorComponent2D
    and I thought that it would automatically send the data to the observation. I think that I was wrong, since I got one warning telling me that the observation size was smaller than what was expected.

I researched a lot, and rode the docs and the forum, but was not able to find how to extract data from the sensors.

Github: https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...ronment-Design-Agents.md#raycast-observations
    Unity: https://docs.unity.cn/Packages/com....s.Sensors.RayPerceptionSensorComponent2D.html

What I have now, is the component into the gameObject, and a variable with it:
    raySensor = gameObject.GetComponent<RayPerceptionSensorComponent2D>()
    , but could not find a function to extract that raw data and add it into the sensor of the
    CollectObservations
    method.

How can I do this?

Thanks a lot.

2. enzodtz

enzodtz

I'm trying to fix the "rode" but its giving me an error, sorry about that

3. ruoping_unity

ruoping_unity

Unity Technologies

hey sorry for the late reply I somehow missed your post.

The sensors will automatically collect observations and send it to the trainer. You don't have to do anything extra except for configuring the sensor for your case.

The reason you're seeing that warning is because you specified a non-zero observation size in the behavior parameters. You only need to set it when you're using "Vector observations" by implementing the CollectObservations() method in agent. Agent.CollectObservations() is used when you want to collect observations manually without a sensor, usually for things like agent's position, velocity, etc. The ObservationSize should be the same size as the data recorded in CollectObservations(), and if you're not doing anything there you should set it to 0.

Atilli, tjumma and ademord like this.