Search Unity

Resolved How to add local workspace to the cloud?

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by MidniteOil, Nov 28, 2022.

1. MidniteOil

MidniteOil

Greetings, I am working on a new project and I created a Plastic SCM workspace from within the Unity Editor but it only created a local workspace and I've been unable to figure out how to add to that my Midnite_Oil_Software@cloud. If I try to add it from within Plastic SCM it shows <ont on disk> and I don't see how to associate with the the local workspace.
    upload_2022-11-28_18-41-35.png

Conversely, looking at the local workspace, I see no way to associate it with the one on the cloud:
    upload_2022-11-28_18-42-22.png

If I launch Plastic from the editor
    upload_2022-11-28_18-43-30.png

I get a No valid path error:
    upload_2022-11-28_18-43-46.png

This would be trivial with git but I'm at a loss with Plastic. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious but I'm just not seeing it.

Help me out?

2. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Do you want to create a new workspace pointing to a local repo or re-use the current one?

If you want to create a new workspace, you can do it from the Plastic GUI --> Workspace view --> Create a new workspace. You need to be sure you select YourRepo@local when selecting it from the repo list.

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,
    Carlos.

3. MidniteOil

MidniteOil

Thanks, when I first tried that it yelled at me because the local repo was already part of a workspace. So I ended up deleting the .plastic folder in the project folder, creating a new workspace with the GUI in that folder.