Search Unity

Question How to add in-app subscriptions to Google Play using Codeless Unity IAP API?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by brkysrt, Jun 2, 2022.

1. brkysrt

brkysrt

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add in-app subscriptions to my app. I have created in-app product using IAP Catalog and assign Subscription type. If I test it in Unity Editor, it works like other IAP buttons. However while traditional IAP buttons work as intended, I couldn't make subscription purchases work. The button simply does nothing. There are no error or debug messages in Android Logcat.

I added the subscription the following steps:
    -Created a subscription type IAP product in IAP Catalog
    -Created an IAP button and added said product to the created button
    -Created a subscription in Google Play Console manually without using export csv
    -Matched the product ID's of both the google play subscription and catalog subscription.

These steps result in what we mentioned above.

I created other IAP's by exporting a csv file from IAP catalog, however while we can also export subscriptions in that csv, it is added as a normal IAP to the google play console if we import that csv in.

I also tried importing the csv file with the created subscription (same product id) after manually adding a subscription to the google play console, however it returns a duplicate line error.

All other IAP's work in closed beta.

What should I do? I couldn't find any documentation regarding adding subscriptions to google play from Unity IAP.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I am using Unity 2020.3.16f and IAP 3.2.3

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. attishno1

attishno1

Kindly make a video tutorial from start to finish and upload the build to the Google Play Store to help us see it work.

Another thing, kindly help us understand how we can test these subscriptions. Once a subscription is bought (as tester) on Google Play, how do we test it again.

I downloaded your project, and it is not working well, even though I had set the service to Automatically initialize.