Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

How to add custom clickable UI in Unity along with Vuforia augmented avatar?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by herosuperman, Nov 12, 2017.

1. herosuperman

herosuperman

I would like to add few UI elements like images,text,buttons along with the vuforia augmented 3d model in Unity?
    Also I should be able to interact with the UI.
    Can you help me?

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

In the Core Samples, the DefaultTrackableEventHandler.cs script will enable both 3d models and canvases that are children of the Image Target upon detection. If you add a canvas and various UI elements as a child of an Image Target, it should be enabling and disabling upon tracking found and lost. Could you give this a try and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks!

3. herosuperman

herosuperman

Thank you..it worked fine.. and I want to add a custom notification on device screen while not getting any target images as 'no target found,keep scanning' like that. I would like to know can u help me with this one.?

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

One approach to achieving this would be to display some UI that has this message and then have a script that listens for target detections have access to this UI. When a detection occurs, you can hide the UI and when tracking is lost you can show the UI again.

5. soul-of-creativity

soul-of-creativity

I want to make some UI elements to display once the image target has been detected and show the 3D model how can I make that ??

6. ajth789

ajth789

Hey, how would I add a UI that displays flat on the screen (like and overlay) and not part of the 3D environment? for examples, button for selecting models.