Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How to add components to UT Project configurations?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by n3wb13, Jan 18, 2019.

1. n3wb13

n3wb13

I'm trying to study the sample projects, but this one confuses me. How did they add it there? And what about this AudioConfig where did it come from?

2. ronblockparty

ronblockparty

I was able to add configurations through right click -> Create -> Tiny -> Configuration. They're configured in the same way that components are. For me, once I created the Configuration asset, it automatically appeared in the Configuration section of the project settings.

n3wb13 likes this.
  3. n3wb13

n3wb13

You are right. Thanks man. I think they need to have different icons for configurations and components. I've mistaken the configurations as components. I guess the only remaining mystery here is the audio config.

Ferran_SP and ronblockparty like this.
  4. raymondyunity

raymondyunity

Unity Technologies

A Configuration is a Component. You can think of a configuration as a global singleton component used to access data (ex. sound settings, etc). Example of usage can be seen in the SoundService class of the MatchThree demo. We are working towards better UX and terminology for you all.

ronblockparty likes this.