Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to add animations from Mixamo to an imported character that already has animations? Also, other

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ZeHgS, Apr 2, 2022.

1. ZeHgS

ZeHgS

Hi everyone!

I am using 3rd party characters, which already come with animations. Here is an image of the "Animations" folder:

I would like to add a few Mixamo animations to it without losing the ones that came with it. My questions are:

1) Why are the animations "embedded" into the mesh like this? Shouldn't they be outside them like in the image below (I selected it inside the model and duplicated with Ctrl + D)? Should I remove them all like I did for the image below? Does having them "inside the model" occupy more disk space since each file also seems to repeatedly and redundantly include the meshes?

2) I upload the file that is in the "Mesh" folder to Mixamo, right? Do I upload it with or without equipment? Will the equipment distort with the animations when it shouldn't (e.g. metal armor, weapons, etc.)? If so, how do I prevent it?

3) If multiple characters with different rigs share animations, can I reuse them if they are not "embedded", as described above, in order to save space? How is this accomplished?

Thanks a lot!