Search Unity

How to activate Clear Shot camera?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by cayetanoVL, Oct 19, 2018.

1. cayetanoVL

cayetanoVL

I have a scene with this setup:
    - Multiple static virtual cameras where only 1 is active at a time. Controlled by the user input. Priority on this cameras set to 10
    - A clear shot camera with multiple virtual camera childs that will trigger a highlights mode. Priority on this cameras set to 11
    - A cinemachine brain on the main camera.

If I go to the inspector and click Solo in the clear shot camera it will behave correctly but I can not find a way to activate the clear shot camera if I dont do this. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Is the priority on the ClearShot itself 11, or is that the priority of the ClearShot's children? The priority of the children is only relevant when the ClearShot itself is the active cam - it will influence which vcam child is chosen by the ClearShot.

The ClearShot will become the active cam if it has the highest priority compared to the other top-level vcams in the scene. Vcams that are children of other vcams don't matter.

3. cayetanoVL

cayetanoVL

Hello!

First, thank you for answering!

And yes, the priority of the clear shot camera is set to 11 too. After a lot of testing and isolating the use case I discovered a specific setup of layers in my scene that was done in the background. This was removing the clearshot layer from the cinemachinebraim. Soo its resolved!

Gregoryl likes this.