Search Unity

How to achieve graphics like Unreal Engine?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Paulx774, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Paulx774

Paulx774

I'm a gameplay programmer, so I really don't know much about graphics. In Unreal Engine, lighting and metallic surfaces look so beautiful without doing much. On the other hand, I can't achieve graphics like Unreal Engine in Unity. I guess, you have to put a bit of effort to make something that looks like Unreal Engine in Unity. So, I was wondering what's difference between Unity and Unreal Engine in terms of graphics and what should I do to achieve Unreal Engine kind of look in my game?

2. burningmime

burningmime

Can you post some screenshots of what you're trying to achieve? And what platforms are you targeting?

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

The easiest and more straightforward way would be to use the Unreal Engine.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  4. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

The easiest way is using my plugin
    Also you can watch a lot of videos on my youtube channel

Here is a Unreal to Unity guide:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  5. warthos3399

warthos3399

Thats where your wrong...Unity can render and produce the exact same gfx, feel. Its just a different process with Unity. 1st of all, you need to be using HDRP, and learn its functions and set up. And UnityLighting is correct, theres his and many other enhancing assets available.

Another good point is, then why are you using Unity, if you like the UE engine gfx/look?. Sounds like you dont understand whats best for you and your project...

6. smouton8993

smouton8993

From a gameplay programming perspective, I despise Unreal. Unity is so much easier. And Godot even a step easier than that.

If his priority is ease of programming, then he should use Unity.
    Graphics are far from the only reason to choose a game engine...

exe2k and warthos3399 like this.