Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to access the Rendering Debugger options via script?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by KenZenKen, Apr 9, 2024.

1. KenZenKen

KenZenKen

Hi , I am creating an editor only tool in Unity that wants to create presets so i can set the rendering debugger options inside like the Material Overrides to something of choice. This is so that i can quickly render it out from the camera view as textures using another script. However, I am finding difficulties in finding the API ( i dont think its accessible ) to call it via a script.

If so, is there another work around to obtain the passes? I am very curious on what's going behind the scenes for the Rendering Debugger! I would just like to control the options it is selecting via a script in Editor mode only.

I am using URP. Camera is using a renderer asset that is using deferred rendering mode. ( as forward rendering does not get it to show on the Game View ). I've tried looking into the source code such as the `DebugViewEnums.cs`, `DebugDisplaySettingsMaterial.cs`, `DebugHandler.cs` and `DebugViewEnum.cs.hlsl`

Any help would be appreciated!! :)
    The image below shows the enum i am trying to select via script.
    upload_2024-4-9_22-52-38.png