Search Unity

How to access full 5GB of ram on Xbox one

Discussion in 'Windows' started by matt33315, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt33315

matt33315

I can see that from the creators update of windows 10 developers can now access up to 5GB of ram on xbox one (see attached image).

However I was wondering what are the requirements to access this extra resource.

I know my Xbox is running the very latest OS but does my PC also have to have the creators update installed on it? Do I need to use a certain windows 10 SDK version?

I recall once also seeing a code snippet which told the game to actually use the full amount available and not the 1GB limit that had been in place at launch - however after much searching I cannot find this any more.

My game currently (UWP) uses between 1.5 -> 2GB of ram on PC but I am getting out of memory exceptions when running on Xbox one.

There could be more at play here but just wanted to know if I was missing something obvious before I start to investigate the issue further.

Thanks
    Matt

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You need to switch your app to be a "game" in Xbox settings. By default it gets marked as "app".

3. matt33315

matt33315

Is this something that I would setup within unity / visual studio or within the dev mode on my xbox?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It's on the Xbox, after you deploy your game. You can go to options on each game individually and change this setting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.