Search Unity

How to access animation rigging components in script?

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by homer_3, Sep 10, 2020.

1. homer_3

homer_3

I need to be able to change the weight of one of the animation rigging components at runtime. Where do I find the class names of the components to reference in my script? Right now I'm trying to access the Two Bone IK Constraint, but this really goes for any of the components.

I'm using 2019.3.4f1. I tried "using UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging;" but it says Rigging does not exist. I have the animation rigging preview package installed.

Edit: Got it working for now by moving the animation rigging package out of the packages folder and into the assets folder. Probably not the intended way for it to work though.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  2. Mauro02

Mauro02

do you import the Animation Rigging from the Package Manager?

3. sovtek

sovtek

Not sure if it's helpful but I had a similar problem and was just missing the "Using" line for the rig.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging;
    I also found the animation rigging package has some sample files you can import. The script "mParent" has some interesting pointers on how to access weight values.

4. iA7MDoVe

iA7MDoVe

try clicking on it from the scene view

ayato1026ayato likes this.
  5. grempire

grempire

Examples:
    gameobject.GetComponent<OverrideTransform>().data.constrainedObject = constraintObj;
    gameobject.GetComponent<TwistChainConstraint>().data.tip = constraintObj;
    gameobject.GetComponent<TwistChainConstraint>().data.root= constraintObj;

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  6. d0rkza

d0rkza

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but for anyone else getting the same issue, go to the packages folder in your project, right-click on any of the folders, and click "Open C# Project" and Visual Studio will now know where to look.

upload_2022-9-3_17-41-8.png

7. ShmEmad

ShmEmad

Thanks
    It's work for me

8. ujz

ujz

Hello I tried everything mentioned here and still my VSCode could not recognize UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging. Finally I came across this thread, which pointed out that there was a specific bug with csproj files in the VSCode package version 1.2.4.

So I updated my Unity package for Visual Studio Code Editor to version 1.2.5, unchecked all boxes and regenerated project files as described in that thread, and it finally worked. Just leaving here for future reference.

9. MandSFun

MandSFun

10. omrisami3

omrisami3

Thank you bro !

11. smash-ter

smash-ter