Search Unity

How this lighting can be achieved with LWRP?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Ofreyre, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Ofreyre

Ofreyre

Hi, any idea how this lighting can be achieved with LWRP?

Thanks.

2. neoshaman

neoshaman

It's not lighting it's a 2D images composed in photoshop

3. Olmi

Olmi

Hi @Ofreyre,

You probably are talking about the certain characteristics of this image. But you definitely should learn to separate the technical components you are looking for, instead of just posting and image and saying "how can i achieve...". If you have seen lighting and visual design in games, it's probably not a question of "can" but "how"?

You're not going to get far with graphics until you learn at least the basics of how to see what actually makes an image:

So, if you don't mind, I ask questions as if I was you (I'm guessing), and some answers:

Q: How can I make a blurry planar reflection in LWRP/URP?
    A: I think it's possible, you could search for the answer and you find some hits like this:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/planar-reflection-probes.589741/
    The demo mentioned there by bgolus contains code that could be repurposed for planar reflections...

Q: How can I make a blurry background enviroment?
    A: You need to look into the topic of custom skybox, or how to make a HDRi enviroment. Especially for the latter there's tons of information out there on the interwebs. And you might not need to rely on skybox or HDRi, if they won't work for some reason. You could equally well build your own skybox/sphere/dome object if needed. Might give you more flexibility if you're going for some artsy style.

Q: How can I make moody lighting for my enviroments and props?
    A: Learn how to adjust basic material parameters and how to take your art direction and style into account when you create textures and model various objects etc. if you're going for dark, almost outline style, you probably need to pay attention to the silhouettes of your objects. Unity has also very good color correction and other post-processing tools, so you should use those if possible.

Q: How can I get that slight blur in the horizon?
    A: That's something you can achieve with Depth of Field effect, which also LWRP/URP support. You could also fake this to certain extent with some old-school tricks like fading alphas, blurry textures and so on.

Also, you didn't mention what kind of hardware you're aiming at. Certain solutions and techniques might not be viable if you're going for really low-end target devices.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Batuhan13 likes this.
  4. konsic

konsic

Olmi likes this.